Developing and changing minds today and for generations to come.
- Tomeka Staten, Founder, CEO
We are Urban Dreams, Inc. (WAUDI) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to innovative social services for children, families and communities. WAUDI specializes in research, training and developing programs and systems that deliver:
Cultural Arts and Technology
Life Skills, Wellness, and Health
Leadership and Entrepreneurship
Reclaiming the Village
THE WAUDI STRATEGY
WAUDI initiatives are executed as parts of a larger campaign to reinvigorate and unify the community. Each campaign initiative utilizes three strategic components.
Penetrate the issues by bringing awareness to the systemic problems and dilemmas that face youth, families and communities across the country, promoting tangible solutions and best practices.
Empower others through collaboration with practitioners, creative artists, entrepreneurs and business minds to forge a unique "boots on the ground" approach to effect social change.
Reinforce and engage youth and families with innovative digital media technology to promote social change, while providing unique learning experiences and entrepreneurship opportunities.
When training alone doesn’t get results, get REAL...
If you want to make a difference in the lives of children of all ages, this training is for you...
Teachers, Youth Instructors, Counselors
- Take control of your classroom or youth group
- Understand the motivations of students and why they behave the way they do
- Use tried and true techniques to connect with youth on a deeper level
- Have more time to teach and not be constantly interrupted by negative behaviors
- Understand how you can better prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for the important task of imparting wisdom and knowledge
- Realize how your fears and misunderstandings can lead to student mistrust and disrespect
Parents, Guardian, Caregivers
- Teach responsible behavior and a code of conduct for you and your child to follow
- Learn the stages of development
- Understand the warning signs and circumstantial side effects before it’s too late
- Build a support team for your child, and find the necessary resources for success
- Learn techniques to provide positive reinforcement to counter the negative messages in popular culture
- Better engage with teachers and school administrators in providing the necessary guidance and direction to children
Case Managers, Juvenile Officers
- How to effectively assess the situation and provide appropriate guidance and direction
- Learn how to deescalate situations before they get out of hand
- Recognize the signs of gang involvement
- How to deal with mental health situations
- How to involve the community and help youth build a support team
- Help young people plan, set goals, and undertake a systematic process of meeting those goals
- Techniques to reduce your stress level